Thursday 26 September 2013

The Graco Sky Review - The final week

It's our final week of testing out the New Graco pushchair and travel system, The Sky.

When we got the pushchair, our little one was just 6 weeks old, so we have mainly used it in the "baby nest mode" when out walking or used the infant car seat as a travel system when using the car.

When I found out I was one of the chosen 5 to test out the Sky, I was so excited. I had previously been given a Graco 5 years ago with my first born, but living in a flat, I found it too bulky and heavy so we didn't have it for very long. Testing out the Sky gave me the opportunity to try out Graco again, and I got to say alot has improved in those 5 years as you would expect.

When putting the Sky together I had noticed how slim and light weight the pushchair was. As it came together I was even more pleased they still had the huge shopping basket but the frame was very much stylish, modern and sleek, everything seemed to have ticked my boxes so far.

with seat attached
without seat attached
It didn't stop there with the compact design! I could finally store this Graco without taking up too much space! This was very important due to living in such a small space ( we live in a 2 bed apartment on the 2nd floor ). The frame folds away really compact whether you fold it down with or without the chair on it and so will hide in a small closet or in a corner without taking up too much space.


You be pleased that sleek and lightweight frame also gives you the feel of a great build quality too. Its very sturdy, making it feel it was built to last for years, which if you were to use this from birth to approx 4 years as it designed for, you would want it to.                                            
Front facing for upto 4 Years
"Baby Nest Mode" Foot Rest Converted
The pushchair is easy to convert into the "baby nest mode" by simply making a few adjustments to the foot rest and the adjoining sides. This is done by folding up the foot rest and using the flaps that are tucked away on the sides, and wrapping them around the foot rest, securing in place with Velcro. The pushchair back is than fully reclined back so the baby can than lie flat.


 The hood if you wish can be opened fully too, giving it a carry cot look to it.

To covert it into a travel system is so easy as well. There is a special base adaptor used only for the frame, so needs to be removed when using the car base. The adaptor simply clicks into the frame and the seat again just clicks on top. To remove is just like removing it from the car base, just lift the red lever at the back of the car seat and lift off, "simples".




As for using it in the car, my preference is using the car seat base, as found it felt much more secure and so much easier in general as you just click in and lift off once the base is installed permanently in the car. Where as using it just with seat belts you have to install it everytime, which can be time consuming.

I have posted up a video on you tube in how to install the base and how easy it is converting into a travel system.

I have had many very positive comments about the Sky on our travels, mostly about how gorgeous the Sky looks and I think the Purple really makes the pushchair stand out. It definitely likes having it photo taken!

I have been very pleased with the Sky and can not seem to find any faults about it. The frame is very light weight, easy to use and very well built. I have enjoyed using the Sky and it has made me think more about buying Graco products now.

I would certainly recommend this to any parent to be, but definitely consider if like me you live in a small space property. The price makes it very affordable too.




1 comment:

  1. Hi..is the holding handle adjustable? Is this recommended for a 6week old baby?

    ReplyDelete