Wednesday 19 June 2013

Savvy Shopping Tips

Since becoming a mother, I often looking for a great price or bargain on products that I buy. So I thought I share some tips that I use when I shop whether it for myself, my children or for the household.

1) Make the Internet your friend not foe. I use the Internet to shop around ( a bit like window shopping ), trawling the web for the best offers on items that I am wishing to buy. This doesn't mean I shop online, It could be I find an offer that is on the high street and purchase direct from the store instead. It is all about being smart and savvy and getting the best offers at your advantage.

I do this by using Google and price comparison sites ( although Google will sometimes come up with its own as well ).

2) Signing up to  My Kiddy Offers is a great way to save money.  Their site is packed full of offers from the UK's leading baby retailers. Every day their offers are up dated to give you the best bargins, clearance and speical offers and much more. I love this as it means that I only have to really look at one site to see what baby offers are on, instead of spending loads of time trawling the web myself. They will even email you so you don't miss an offer too! Competitions and voucher codes are also available and best bit is that it is FREE to sign up. They even have a facebook page.
site is packed full of fresh offers from the UK’s leading baby retailers. - See more at: http://www.mykiddyoffers.co.uk/#_=_

3) Sign up for Boots Treat Street. If you haven't already got a Boots Advantage Card, go and get one. Not only can you build points instore and online with Boots, but though certain retailers as well. Check out http://www.treatstreet.boots.com , shops include Mothercare, Very, LEGO, DisneyLand Paris etc

4) If you are to shop and purchase online - sign up for Cashback on your purchase.
 ( NOTE: if a retailer is also on treatstreet - you can earn both Boots AdCard points and Cashback, you will need to download the points booster tool bar for this to work ).

I use www.topcashback.co.uk and can not recommend this site enough. I use it every time I purchase online and made some great savings on my online shopping. There are no catches - it’s free to join, and free to use. There is also a downloadable app which you can use via your phone for instore purchases as well or Snap and Save ( which is when you take a picture of what you purchase and earn cashback ).
 OR
There is also a cashback site for putting the money back into your child's savings account called KIDSTART. It works just like the above cashback site but the money goes to your child.

5) Sign up to zulily, a website that does deals for mummys, babies and kids on designer brands. Membership is free and there are some great offers every week. For an example they had Kickers for 50% off.  ( if you go though Topcashback site first and shop from Zulily that way you will also earn casback from your purchase ).

6) Although you can no longer get cashback from Ebay, and at the moment Amazon, I would always look on here too, as sometimes the deals are better than getting the cashback.

7) Use free trial periods on offers, for an example - Amazon Family, when you sign up they give you 3 months free usage to see if you like it. This gives you access to free Prime membership too ( which can give you free next day delivery ). Amazon Family gives you access to discounted products which are exactly cheaper than buying it from someone else that has it offers most of the time. You can cancel this just before the 3 months if you don't think its worth it.

I hope you find my tips helpful, and happy shopping and saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment